Update: We are currently giving away seconds pins randomly to customers who place large orders - this is the only way to obtain a seconds pin at this time. When you purchase a pin, you are buying a standard grade pin. Thank you for understanding!
All pins are inspected individually and graded according to the below criteria before being shipped! Please understand that we have to go through thousands of pins at once, so we may miss a major, seconds-grade defect from time to time. In that case, please send us a message at email@example.com and we will make it right for you. Thank you!
This is the highest quality of pin that we offer! Due to their hand-made qualities, they may exhibit the minor errors listed below, but are free of major errors. These minor errors are not detectable unless viewed very closely or only from specific angles and/or lighting.
- Superficial specks or dots on the enamel fillings
- Superficial marks or scratches on the metal plating
- Any imperfections on the backside of the pin
- Slightly low or uneven fills
- Any markings that can be wiped off using isopropyl alcohol
Seconds pins exhibit more obvious/severe defects than those on standard grades. These include but are not limited to:
- Incorrect or missing colors in the enamel fillings
- Large stains, fingerprints and oxidization on the metal plating
- Loose, very tight or missing backings/posts
- Deep and/or long scratches that span across a large area of the pin
- Very low fills in large or important areas
We do not offer perfect or collector grade pins. Thank you for understanding!